|Primary Muscle(s)||Middle Back|
|Secondary Muscle(s)||Biceps, Lats, Chest, Abdominals, Triceps|
Renegade Row Instructions
- Place a pair of DB's or KB's on the floor just outside shoulder-width.
- Assume a pushup position with your hands gripping the DB's or KB's. The weights should be inline with your chest.
- Place your feet behind you. Maintain a braced core with a neutral spine. Your back should not be excessively arched nor should your hips and knees sag.
- Your legs can be split apart to support the exercise.
- Keep your bodyweight centered roughly over your hands with your shoulders braced.
- Begin by rowing (pulling up) one kettlebell up to your side while essentially pushing the other into the floor.
- You can let your hips open slightly to accommodate the movement.
- The DB should be by your obliques at the top position.
- Lower the the weight to the start position and repeat on the opposite side.
- Use LIGHTER WEIGHT for this exercise. You can to be in control of the DB's/KB's.
- Don't drop the the weight aimlessly from the top.
- Don't use excessive bodily movement/momentum to raise the weight.
- Keep your core tight, prevent your hips from sagging during the exercise.