Dumbbell Swing (Vertical Swing)
Dumbbell Swing Instructions
- Select the appropriate dumbbell weight and take it into one hand to let it hang between your legs with your arms fully lengthened. Confirm that your back is straight and your head is up.
- Swing the dumbbell back between your legs while bending at the knees slightly and flexing at the hips.
- Then, explosively overturn the motion by bending at your ankles, hips, and knees to thrust upward and swing the weight over your head.
- Take in the force through your legs as you land and bring the dumbbell to your torso before repeating the next rep.
- Complete desired number of repetitions.
Dumbbell Swing Tips
- Use a lighter weight if you are new to this exercise. It is a compound movement and therefore, you want to make sure your form is on point and that you are engaging the right areas.