Shrug Machine Instructions
- Add the appropriate amount of weight to the machine and settle yourself between the handles.
- Grab the handles and lower yourself in a squat-like position with your chest out and face forward.
- Stand up with the weight via knee and hip extension and drive through the heels of your feet. Arms should remain fully extended and your shoulders back to finalize this starting stance.
- Begin by lifting the weight straight up with your shoulders as high as you comfortably can.
- After a brief pause, lower the weight back to the start.
- Repeat for desired reps.
Shrug Machine Tips
- Keep slow, controlled movements.
- Squeeze the traps at the top of the rep.
- Keep your body fixed throughout the exercise.