Double Goblet Squat
|Secondary Muscle(s)||Glutes, Hamstrings, Abdominals, Abductors, Adductors, Middle Back|
Double Goblet Squat Instructions
- Be in a strong athletic position: knees flexed, core and glutes activated, chest up, and shoulders back.
- Feet are roughly shoulder-width with your toes pointed out slightly.
- Push your knees out and 'screw' your feet into the floor
- Have one DB or KB in each hand, holding them in a front rack position.
- Your back is flat with your core and glutes tight. Focus on keeping your elbows up throughout the movement.
- Push your hips back slightly and descend into the bottom position.
- Don't be afraid to let your knee track in front of your toe with the Double Goblet Squat.
- At your end range of motion, stand up.
- Squeeze your glutes at the top.
- Keep the DB/KB's close to your body.
- In the bottom position, focus on driving your elbows up.
- Maintain a neutral spine throughout the exercise, never arching or rounding your back.
- Don't 'drop' into the bottom, feel like you are pulling yourself into the bottom position.