Rotational Palm Row
Rotational Palm Row Instructions
- Assume a strong lifting position: core and glutes activated, shoulders braced, chest up, knees slightly flexed, and eyes fixed ahead.
- With a DB in each hand, hinge at the hips while maintaining strong core, braced shoulders, and neutral spine.
- Hands are in a pronated position.
- Knees are slightly bent.
- Eyes are fixated down. Your neck is in a neutral position.
- Your arms are extended with your elbows slightly bent.
- Use your lats and mid-back to pull the DB up & around your body.
- Your hands rotate during the execution of the movement.
- Your hands finish in a neutral position at the top.
- Don't let your traps shrug.
- After a quick pause, lower the weight to the starting position in a controlled path.
- Hands finish in a pronated position.
- Let your shoulders roll forward slightly to create a stretch reflex for the next rep.
- Your torso remains tight and in the same position from start to finish. Don't rock your torso up/back to move the weight.
- This exercise is best performed with lighter weights and for reps. Too heavy of weight can compromise your torso and shoulder position.
- Don't drop the weight at the top of the movement.
- The arms are a lever for your back. Don't actively pull the weight with your arms.