Bent Over Dumbbell Row
Bent Over Dumbbell Row Instructions
- Assume a strong lifting position: core and glutes activated, shoulders braced, chest up, knees slightly flexed, and eyes fixed ahead.
- With a DB in each hand, hinge at the hips while maintaining strong core, braced shoulders, and neutral spine.
- Hands are in a neutral position.
- Knees are slightly bent.
- Eyes are fixated down. Your neck is in a neutral position.
- Your arms are extended with your elbows slightly bent.
- Use your lats and mid-back to pull the DB up & around your body. The DB should be around your hip area.
- Don't let your upper traps shrug/come forward
- Feel like your are pulling the DB's around your body, not just vertically.
- After a quick pause, lower the weights to the starting position in controlled path.
- Your torso remains tight and in the same position from start to finish. Don't pull your torso up/back to move the weight. This takes tension off the proper musculature.
- This exercise is best performed with lighter weights and for reps. Too heavy of weight can compromise your torso and shoulder position.
- Don't drop the weight at the top of the movement.