Alternating Single Arm Push-up
|Secondary Muscle(s)||Shoulders, Triceps, Abdominals|
Alternating Single Arm Push-up Instructions
- Get into push-up position with your feet and legs together behind you. Maintain a braced core with a neutral spine.
- Your back should not be excessively arched nor should your hips and knees sag..
- Keep your bodyweight centered roughly over your hands with your shoulders braced.
- Start the movement by leaning to one side while bending the elbows and lowering your upper half to the ground.
- Pushing yourself back to the middle, return to the initial starting point by extending your elbows.
- Repeat the same movement, but with the opposite side.
- Rest on your knees if you are a beginner to lessen the difficulty of this exercise.
- This exercise can be stressful to the elbows if performed poorly or their is no a sufficient enough strength base.
- Don't let your low back collapse or arch as you perform this exercise.