One Arm Kettlebell Row
One Arm Kettlebell Row Instructions
- Assume a strong lifting position: core and glutes activated, shoulders braced, chest up, knees slightly flexed, and eyes fixed ahead.
- With a KB in one hand, hinge at the hips while maintaining strong core, braced shoulders, and neutral spine. Opposite hand is resting on your abs.
- Hand is in a pronated position to start.
- Knees slightly bent
- Eyes are fixated down. Your neck is in a neutral position.
- Your arm is extended with your elbow slightly bent.
- Use your lats and mid-back to pull the KB up & around your body.
- Your hand rotates during the execution of the movement.
- Your hand finish in a neutral position at the top.
- Don't let your traps shrug/come forward.
- After a quick pause, lower the weights to the starting position in controlled path.
- Prevent your hips from opening up. You want neutral hips throughout the movement.
- Your torso remains tight and in the same position from start to finish. Don't rock your torso up/back to move the weight.
- Use your core to stabilize and keep your body center.
- This exercise is best performed with lighter weights and for reps. Too heavy of weight can compromise your torso and shoulder position.
- Don't drop the weight at the top of the movement.