|Secondary Muscle(s)||Glutes, Lower Back, Abdominals|
- Set a KB on the ground in between your feet.
- Maintain a slight knee bend with your core braced and shoulders pinned back.
- Hinge at the hips to grip the kettlebell with both hands and lift up positioning it about a foot off the floor.
- Begin by swinging the kettlebell back powerfully between your legs.
- Reverse the motion rapidly, by extending the hips and contracting the glutes. This will cause the KB to be travel forward.
- The momentum of the KB should travel in front of you and just above shoulder height.
- Allow the kettlebell to travel back between your legs. Repeat for desired amount of reps.
- This movement is athletic and rhythmic in nature so you should not feel be stiff. However, maintain a braced core and neutral spine.
- Use your glutes to initiate the movement, not your arms. The arms are levers between your body and the KB.