|Secondary Muscle(s)||Glutes, Lower Back, Abdominals|
Kettlebell Swing Instructions
- Set a KB between your feet.
- Maintain a slight knee bend with your core braced and shoulders pinned back.
- Neutral spine with your ribs stacked on-top of your pelvis.
- Brace your core and hinge at the hips to grip the kettlebell with both hands and lift a foot off the floor.
- Begin by swinging the kettlebell back subtly between your legs.
- Reverse the motion rapidly, by extending the hips and contracting the glutes.
- The momentum of the KB should carry it in front of you to shoulder height.
- Your arms are passive, they are not controlling the movement.
- Allow the kettlebell to travel back between your legs by hinging at your hips.
- This movement is athletic and rhythmic in nature so you should not feel stiff. However, maintain a braced core, slight knee bend, and neutral spine.
- Use your glutes to initiate the movement, not your arms. The arms are levers between your body and the KB.