Dumbbell Squat to Shoulder Press
Dumbbell Squat to Shoulder Press Instructions
- Feet positioned in your squat stance. Your knees are slightly bent and toes pointed straight ahead.
- The core is braced and engaged, glutes are activated.
With a dumbbell in each hand, 'clean' the DB's to shoulder level.
- With palms facing each other and elbows direct ahead, maintain your core tightness and make sure your feet are positioned to squat.
- Activate your posterior chain by pushing your glutes back then lower your body into the bottom position.
- As you descend, push your knees out laterally and maintain an upright chest position.
- In the bottom position, rise up driving your feet through the floor and keeping your core tight.
- At the top position, use the momentum generated from your lower half to press the dumbbells overhead until the arms are extended.
- Your delts and triceps are handling the load while your core is braced.
- Your arms will finish in a neutral position overhead.
Lower the dumbbells back to the starting level..
- On the press, visualize bringing your armpit forward as you complete the movement.
- Keeping your core braced does not mean arching your back severely. To fully understand tightening your mid-section, click here.