|Secondary Muscle(s)||Shoulders, Triceps, Abdominals|
- As you raise yourself above the handles, have the feeling of screwing your hands into the bars and pulling your shoulders back.
- This will stabilize your shoulders.
- Keep this shoulder position throughout.
- Have your feet underneath your pevlis with your glutes tight and core engaged.
- Allow your chest to come forward slightly as your descend.
- Lower your body until your shoulders are fairly aligned with your elbows with your forearms relatively straight.
- Feel your chest and tricep loading.
- Extend your elbows and push yourself to the starting position.
- Do not let your elbows flare excessively or your traps "shrug" on the descent.
- Maintain a strong shoulder and core position throughout:
- Scapulas retracted
- Neutral spine
- Glutes engaged.
- Refrain from descending too low as this will put unnecessary stress on the shoulders and elbows.