Bench Dips Instruction
- Stand facing away from a flat bench.
- Pull your arms back and place your hands on the bench in a prononated position.
- Walk your feet out and brings your legs together. Legs are fully extended.
- Relax your glutes.
- Keeping your center-of-gravity close to the bench, lower your body until your shoulders are fairly aligned with your elbows with your forearms relatively straight.
- Feel your chest and triceps eccentrically loading.
- Extend your elbows and lift yourself to the starting position.
- Do not let your elbows flare excessively or your traps "shrug" on the descent.
- Refrain from descending too low as this will put unnecessary stress on the shoulders and elbows.