Tricep Press Instructions
- Set up a bar in a rack roughly level with your waist.
- You can use a flat bench if it will stay stationary during the movement.
- Grip the bar/bench just outside shoulder-width.
- Walk your feet back till your arms extended.
- Legs and feet are together.
- Slight bend in the elbows.
- Because of the hand position, your mid-section will be more flexed versus a traditional push-up or plank position.
- Your back will be in a rounded position.
- Bend at the elbows and lower yourself forward & under the bar/bench.
- Initiate the mind-muscle connection your triceps are controlling the movement.
- At the bottom position, push yourself back up via the triceps and extending your forearms.
- This exercise will take practice. The initial starting position is contrary to proper lifting form with your back rounded.