Lying Cable Shrugs
Lying Cable Shrugs Instruction
- Be seated at a cable row machine.
- Grab the straight-bar attachment with an overhand grip, at shoulder-width.
- Lie back away from the machine.
- With passive arms, lift (shrug) your shoulders straight up, think about bringing your traps to your ears.
- Lower the weight to the starting position.
- Keep constant tension on the cable, never 'drop' the weight.
- Keep your back pinned against the padding. Eyes always fixated toward the ceiling.
- Focus on the isolation of the traps.
- Refrain from using your arms to pull the bar up. The arms are merely a lever for your traps.
- Don't use momentum or excess movement to elevate the bar.