Sled Row (Sled Pull)
Sled Row Instructions
- Link an attachment handle to a sled via a rope or chain.
- Grab the handles and assume a strong lifting position: core and glutes activated, shoulders braced, chest up, knees slightly flexed, and eyes fixed ahead.
- Back-peddle till your arms are fully extended (with a slight elbow bend) and the rope/chain is taught.
- Make sure your shoulders don't roll forward or traps elevate.
- Imagine pinching your shoulders together as you row, pulling your hands to just beyond your midsection. Finish with your bicep parallel to the floor.
- Negative excessive lower-body movement.
- Step back until the rope/chain is taught and repeat.
- Keep the weight lighter for this movement. You want to accumulate volume to maximize the benefits of the sled.
- Don't let your back overextend when performing the row. Keep your core braced and spine neutral.