Single Leg Romanian Dumbbell Deadlift
Single Leg Romanian DB Deadlift Instruction
- Position your feet about shoulder-width apart.
- Hold the DB in the same hand as the leg that will be stationary.
- With the DB against your thigh, have your chest up with a braced core and neutral spine.
- This will be your starting stance.
- Eyes are focused straight ahead with a neutral neck position.
- Bend/hinge slowly at the hips maintaining flex in your knee, lower the weight (and your torso) straight down your legs while raising your opposite heel towards the sky.
- You will feel the maximum stretch in your hamstrings.
- The bottom position will be roughly knee-level.
- Upon reaching the max stretch, begin lifting the weight back up via hamstring and glute utilization until you reach the starting position.
- Keep the DB close to your center-of-gravity.
- Keep a slight flex in both knees at all times.
- Don't let your low back arch excessively.
- Ignore the notion to lower the DB as low as possible.