|Secondary Muscle(s)||Triceps, Quads, Abdominals|
Push Press Shoulder Press Instructions
- Grip the bar just outside shoulder with your feet underneath you. To provide a mental image, place your feet as if you are about to jump as high as possible
- You want to maintain a slight knee and hip bend with your core braced. Your back should not be excessively arched.
- To begin, slightly dip your knees and hips then explode upwards extending your hips, knees, and ankles to push the bar to a stabilized position overhead.
- For the downward part of the exercise, lower the bar to the shoulders in a controlled manner.
Push Press Shoulder Press Tips
- Keep your core tight for the duration of the exercise.
- Stabilize the bar overhead by keeping it close to your center-of-gravity.
- The momentum generated from your lower half accelerates the bar overhead.