One Arm Kettlebell Push Press
|Triceps, Quads, Abdominals
One Arm Kettlebell Push Press Instructions
- Stand in a strong, athletic posture:
- Chest up and shoulders back
- Knees slightly flexed
- Core braced with a neutral spine
- Grab the kettlebell. Clean it to your shoulder through the extension of your hips, knees, and ankles.
- You want the KB resting in the front rack position with your elbow up.
- To begin, slightly dip your knees and then explode upwards extending your hips, knees, and ankles to push the KB to a stabilized position overhead.
- Imagine bringing your armpit forward to create a stable shoulder position overhead.
- At the top, your arm is fully extended overhead.
- Lower the weight to the starting position.
- Keep your core tight for the duration of the exercise, never letting your low back arch excessively.
- Stabilize the KB overhead by keeping it close to your center-of-gravity.
- The momentum generated from your lower half accelerates the KB overhead.