Medicine Ball Throw & Catch
|Secondary Muscle(s)||Lats, Chest, Shoulders, Glutes|
Medicine Ball Throw & Catch Instructions
There many different variations which this can be performed.
- Be facing a wall
- Hold the appropriate medicine ball at your waist and stand in a strong lifting position.
- Eyes fixated straight ahead.
- Shoulders pinned back (externally rotated)
- Core is braced with your rib cage positioned over your pelvis.
- Hips, knees, and ankles slightly bent.
- Extend your body vertically raising the ball overhead.
- At the top position:
- Your arms are extended overhead
- Core is still braced (low back is not overly arched).
- Ankles, knees, and hips are extended.
- In an athletic motion, slam the ball as hard as you can into the wall.
- Use a medicine ball that is designed to be slammed/thrown. If the med ball is not designed for such use, it will deteriorate over time.
- Don't focus on how getting the heaviest medicine ball, focus on moving the ball as fast as possible.
- Don't perform the exercise "for time". Perform each rep in a controlled, explosive manner.
- Get set properly for each rep.