Medicine Ball Slam
|Secondary Muscle(s)||Lats, Glutes, Chest, Shoulders|
Medicine Ball Slam Instructions
- Hold the appropriate medicine ball at your waist with your arms extended and stand in a strong lifting position.
- Eyes fixated straight ahead.
- Shoulders pinned back (externally rotated).
- Core is braced with your rib cage positioned over your pelvis.
- Hips, knees, and ankles slightly bent.
- Hinge at the hip to lower the ball slightly.
- Extend your body vertically raising the ball overhead.
- At the top position:
- Your arms are extended overhead.
- Core is still braced (low back is not overly arched).
- Ankles, knees, and hips are extended.
- In an athletic motion, slam the ball as hard as you can to the floor.
- Use a medicine ball that is designed to be slammed/thrown. If the med ball is not designed for such use, it will deteriorate over time.
- Don't focus on how getting the heaviest medicine ball, focus on moving the ball as fast as possible.
- Don't perform the exercise "for time". Perform each rep in a controlled, explosive manner.