|Secondary Muscle(s)||Glutes, Hamstrings, Abductors, Adductors|
Dumbbell Lunges Instruction
- Be in a strong athletic position: knees flexed, core and glutes activated, chest up, and shoulders back.
- Hold a DB in each hand with a strong, vertical torso.
- Chest up and eyes fixed ahead.
- Step forward, your foot just outside shoulder-width, while simultaneously dropping your back knee to the floor.
- Your torso can hinge forward slightly.
- Don't let your low back arch/overextend.
- The bottom position should feature the back knee behind your hip.
- Push your front leg back and return to the starting position.
- Keep this exercise light. Increase intensity by adding reps/volume.
- Avoid slamming your back knee on the floor when you get tired.
- Don't let your body fall forward or let excess weight be put on the balls of your feet.
- Avoid 'rolling' or 'rocking' into the movement. Be strict with the execution.