Dumbbell Jumping Squat
|Glutes, Hamstrings, Abdominals
Dumbbell Jumping Squat Instructions
- Be in a strong athletic position: knees flexed, core and glutes activated, chest up, and shoulders back.
- With a neutral hand position, have DB in each hand at your sides.
- Keep the weight light.
- Place your feet just inside shoulder-width with your toes pointed out slightly.
- Push your hips back slightly and descend into the bottom position.
- When the crease of your hips reach level with your knee, explode up and jump!
- LAND IN A STRONG, SUPPLE quarter-squat position then stand back up.
- Don't land with straight legs.
- Don't land in the complete bottom of a squat.
- LIGHT WEIGHT must be used. This exercise is meant to develop your power output.
- Focus on landing soft and supple with complete control of the DB's in each hand.
- When landing, don't let your knees track inward.