Dumbbell Incline Row
Dumbbell Incline Row Instructions
- Set an incline bench to about 30-40 degrees.
- Lay with your stomach and chin pressing against the bench. Situate your legs on each side with your feet secure to the floor.
- Hand placement will dictate your back stimulus.
- Neutral grip= more lats
- Pronated grip= mid-back
- Pick up the dumbbells up. Let your arms hang fully extended in front of you. You do want a slight bend in your elbow.
- Pronated Grip
- Activate your scapulas to raise the DB's up slowly towards your chest.
- Imagine you are pinching a quarter between your shoulder blades.
- Do not actively pull with your arms, they remain passive.
- At the top, you should feel like a scarecrow.
- Neutral Grip
- Use your lats and mid-back to pull the DB up & around your body.
- Don't let your upper traps shrug.
- Your arms are a lever tor the DB's, they remain passive in the exercise.
- The DB's should be slightly above your hips at the top,.
- Feel like you are pulling the DB's around your body
- Pause briefly at the top, then, lower the weights in a controlled manner.
- You can use Dumbbells or Kettlebells to complete the movement.
- If going heavier in weight, the size of the implement being used will have an effect on what grip you employ.
- Your torso remains tight and in the same position from start to finish. Don't pull your torso up/back or overextend/arch your back to move the weight.