Double Kettlebell Push Press
|Secondary Muscle(s)||Triceps, Quads, Abdominals|
Double Kettlebell Push Press Instructions
- Stand in a strong, athletic posture: chest up, knees slightly flexed, core braced, glutes engaged, and shoulders pinned back.
- Grab two kettlebell. Clean them to your shoulders through the extension of your hips, knees, and ankles. You want the KB's resting in the front rack position with your elbows up.
- To begin, slightly dip your knees and then explode upwards extending your hips, knees, and ankles to push the KB's to a stabilized position overhead. Imagine bringing your armpits forward to create a stable shoulder position overhead.
- Lower the weight to the starting position.
- Keep your core tight for the duration of the exercise, never letting your low back arch excessively.
- Stabilize the KB's overhead by keeping it close to your center-of-gravity.
- The momentum generated from your lower half accelerates the KB overhead.