Barbell Ab Rollout
Barbell Ab Rollout Instructions
- Have a barbell on the floor with a 25lbs or 45lbs plate on each side.
- You are on your knees with the barbell in front of you with your legs together.
- Your core is braced with a neutral spine.
- Rib cage set over your pelvis.
- Hips are fully extended with your glutes activated & engaged.
- Shoulders pinned back.
- Grip the barbell with your hands just outside shoulder-width.
- Arms are fully extended with a slight bend in your elbow.
- Slowly begin rolling the barbell forward.
- As you roll forward, contract your glutes to keep a neutral spine.
- Your hips are never sagging. Low back is not arching or rounding.
- Keep your rib cage positioned over your pelvis.
- Don't let your shoulders round or traps elevate. Keep a braced shoulder position.
- Imagine bringing your armpits forward.
- The bottom position shoulder feature your torso, shoulders, and arms in a relatively straight line.
- Once you reach the end range-of-motion. Use your core bring yourself back to the starting position.
- Don't shoot your hips back to reverse the movement.
- Your arms are a lever for your core. They stay extended throughout the movement.
- Your arms don't actively push/pull the barbell.
- This movement is down slow and controlled.
- Imagine bringing your armpit forward on the descent. This creates shoulder stability.
- Neck stays in a neutral position throughout the exercise.