V Bar Pulldown
|Secondary Muscle(s)||Biceps, Middle Back, Shoulders|
V Bar Pulldown Instructions
- Attach the V-Bar to the cable machine. Set the thigh pad to secure position.
- Your legs/body should be fixated with little to no movement during the execution of the exercise.
- Grab the V-Bar with your palms facing in, a neutral hand position.
- Your mid-back should not be overly extended. Yes, you want a slight thoracic extension but avoid overly arching your back.
- Chest is up with your shoulders pinned back.
- At the start, you want the weight off the stack and your elbows slightly bent.
- Initiate and control the movement by activating your lats and pulling the bar at a SLIGHT angle away from the machine.
- Your arms are passive during the exercise.
- Pull the attachment to above your chest.
- After a brief pause, allow to bar to track back to the starting position. Maintain tension on the lats during the eccentric phase.
- Don't rack the weight after each rep.
- Don't let your chest cave inward as you fatigue. Maintain the strong posture you started with.
- Your arms should not be taxed from performing this exercise. Negate the letting your biceps control the movement.
- Refrain from leaning back or “swinging” when pulling the weight down.
- Control the movement with your lats, not momentum.