Standing Cable Lift Instructions
Note: There are multiple variations to perform this exercise pending your desired goal for executing the movement..
- Attach a rope to the cable machine and set the apparatus to the lowest rung.
- Stand parallel to the machine and grab the rope with both hands.
- You are holding the rope at both ends.
- Keep your trunk and body stable with your eyes fixated straight ahead, neutral spine, and shoulders back.
- Pull the cable up and diagonally across your body.
- The arm farthest away from the machine stays extended throughout the exercise.
- The extended arm stays slightly bent at the elbow.
- The opposite arm "punches" through at the top.
- Negate letting your body rotate.
- Your hips and shoulders stay square.
- Return to the starting position.
- To make the movement more difficult, narrow your stance slightly.