Standing Cable Chest Press
Standing Cable Chest Press Instructions
- Set the cable attachments to equal height just below your shoulders.
- Use "pulley" or "free" handles as the attachment pieces.
- Facing away from the machine, grab the handles and step forward.
- Have one foot out front for counterbalance
- Focus on pinching your shoulder blades (scapulas) together and keeping your core braced with your arms at 45-degrees.
- Eyes are fixated straight ahead with your neck in a neutral position.
- With your hands in a relatively neutral position, push them together straight forward in a controlled manner
- Keep your trunk and shoulders braced.
- Don't let your elbows flare excessively.
- Your arms/hands will stay relatively close to your side throughout the exercise.
- Pause for a second, then return to the starting position loading your chest and triceps.
- Always maintain tension on the cable, never let the weight "drop"
- Don't lean forward excessively to compensate for lack of strength.
- Maintain that strong, start position till the last rep is completed.
- This exercise is best programmed in for assistance work with higher volume.