|Secondary Muscle(s)||Calves, Glutes, Hamstrings|
Sled Pull Instructions
- Attach the harness around your waist. Or, pending available equipment, you may be holding straps with your hands.
- Face the sled and make sure there is tension in the rope attached to the sled.
- Assume a strong athletic stance: knees flexed, hips back, core is brace, chest is up and shoulders back.
- Slowly back-peddle, keeping tension on the rope at all times.
- If holding handles, do not yank with your arms.
- Shoulders stay braced and your arms are levers for your legs pulling the weight back. Arms are fully extended.
- Don't let your shoulders roll forward. They are pinned back throughout.
- Maintain postural integrity throughout the exercise. Never slumping or crouching. KEEP THE CORE TIGHT!
- Start light. This exercise is extremely tasking!
- Take small steps back, never reaching excessively to cover ground.