Plate Row Instructions
- Assume a strong lifting position: core and glutes activated, shoulders braced, chest up, knees slightly flexed, and eyes fixed ahead.
- Grip the side of the plate and hinge at the hips while maintaining strong core, braced shoulders, and neutral spine.
- Hands are in a neutral position.
- Knees slightly bent.
- Eyes are fixated down. Neck is neutral.
- Your arms are extended with your elbows slightly bent.
- Use your mid back and lats to pull the weight up to your abs.
- Avoid letting your traps shrug.
- Your arms are a lever, they remains passive throughout the exercise.
- Lower the weight along the same path.
- Your torso remains tight and in the same position from start to finish.
- Don't rock your torso up/back to move the weight. This takes tension off the proper musculature.
- This exercise is best performed with lighter weights and for reps. Too heavy of weight can compromise your torso and shoulder position.
- Don't drop the weight at the top of the movement.