One Arm Linear Jammer
One Arm Linear Jammer Instructions
- Wedge the end of a barbell into a corner and load the unsecured end with the desired amount of weight.
- Raise and rest the bar on your shoulder with either one or both hands and take a strong, athletic posture: knees slightly bent, core and glutes activated, shoulders pinned back, and eyes fixed ahead.
- This exercise is an explosive, athletic movement to elevate the weight, similar to a push press.
- To begin, slightly dip your knees and hips then explode upwards extending your hips, knees, and ankles to push the bar to a stabilized position overhead.
- Lower the bar back to the starting position.
- Keep your core tight for the duration of the exercise.
- The momentum generated from your lower half accelerates the bar overhead.
- Stabilize the bar overhead.