One Arm Dumbbell Bench Press
One Arm Dumbbell Bench Press Instructions
- Brace your trunk and shoulder with your feet firmly planted on the ground.
- Lay back on the bench and raise the dumbbell directly above your chest at shoulder width, palm facing forward.
- Focus on pinching your shoulder blades (scapulas) together as you lie back on the bench.
- This creates a stable shoulder position to press from.
- With your core and shoulders braced, lower the dumbbell, loading your chest and tricep, to where the handle is level with your chest.
- Press up without your body twisting or moving excessively to counterbalance.
- Use a lighter weight than you normally would for a standard DB bench press.
- This exercise is great for core development and ironing out upper body imbalances.
- Feel your chest and tricep loading on the descent.
- Your hands can rotate subtly through the movement.
- Do not let your elbows excessively flare internally or externally.