Kettlebell Overhead Press
Kettlebell Overhead Press Instructions
Stand in a strong, athletic posture: chest up, knees slightly flexed, core braced, glutes engaged, and shoulders pinned back.
- Grab the kettlebell. Clean it to your shoulder through the extension of your hips, knees, and ankles. You want the KB resting in the front rack position with your elbow up.
- Controlling the press with your delts and triceps, press the KB's overhead.
- Your hands will rotate naturally during the movement.
- Imagine bringing your armpit forward to create a stable shoulder position overhead.
- Don't let your shoulders shrug or elbows flare out excessively.
- Keep your core tight for the duration of the exercise, never letting your low back arch.
- Stabilize the KB overhead by keeping it close to your center-of-gravity.