Incline Dumbbell Bench Press
Incline Dumbbell Bench Press Instructions
- Sit back on an incline bench with the dumbbells resting on your thighs.
- Assume a strong posture with your trunk braced and chest up. Focus on pinching your shoulder blades (scapulas) together as you lie back on the bench.
- This creates a stable shoulder position to press from.
- Keep your feet rooted on the ground.
- Rock back using your thighs to aid in lifting the dumbbells overhead at shoulder-width apart for your starting position.
- Keeping your feet planted firmly on the ground and your body steady, lower the weight to just above your chest.
- Use your mind-muscle connection to feel your shoulders, chest and triceps loading.
- Press the dumbbells back up to starting position without locking out the elbows at the top.
- Do not let your elbows excessively flare internally or externally. The wrist and elbows should be stacked on top of each other.
- Don't let your shoulders shrug up during the movement.
- Your hands can rotate subtly through the movement.