Incline Barbell Bench Press
Incline Barbell Bench Press Instructions
- Set the bench to an angle between 30 and 40 degrees or find a pre-set incline bench.
- Focus on pinching your shoulder blades (scapulas) together as you lie back on the bench.
- This creates a stable shoulder position to press from.
- Grip the barbell slightly wider than shoulder width.
- Try to ‘break the bar’ in half as you grip it, this will create lat and upper back tightness.
- Lower the barbell at a slight angle away from you with the bar touching just above your nipple line.
- Since the bar descent was slightly away from you, remember to press on the same path upward.
- Do not let your butt come off of the bench or excessively arch your back.
- Load your chest and triceps to complete the movement.
- The higher the incline of the bench, the more you are going to use your shoulders.
- DON'T BOUNCE THE WEIGHT OFF YOUR CHEST.
- Pause for a second before pressing upwards off the chest.