Glute Kickback (Donkey Kicks)
Glute Kickback Instructions
- Place hands and knees on the floor with a flat back, core is engaged.
- Eyes fixated on the ground with a neutral neck position.
- While you keep your body stationary, raise one heel up vertically, contracting your glute.
- Keep your knee flexed at 90 degrees throughout.
- Imagine your heel making a semi-circle path.
- Avoid letting your back arch or overextend.
- Focus on the glute contraction, not raising your heel as high as possible.
- Pause you when reach the top of the movement and contract your glute.
- Slowly lower to the starting point.
- This exercise must be performed under control and slowly. Make sure your glute is contracting, not your mid-back going through flexion/extension repeatedly.
- Keep your body balanced, there should be no swaying or tilting of your body position.