Dumbbell Rear Delt Row
Dumbbell Rear Delt Row Instructions
- Feet positioned in an narrow stance.
- Your knees slightly bent and toes pointed straight ahead.
- The core is braced and engaged with your shoulders pinned back and a neutral spine.
- Hold a DB in each hands.
- Hinge at the hip keeping a flat back and neutral spine.
- Arms hang perpendicular to the floor with a slight bend at your elbows.
- Rotate your hands to a overhand position.
- Your palms should be facing you (pronated).
- Pull/row the dumbbells just below chest level by retracting your shoulders and initiating he movement with your mid to upper back.
- Imagine rowing 'around' your body, not just pulling the DB's directly vertically.
- Hands remain in the pronated position throughout.
- Hold at the top of the movement for a brief second.
- Return to the starting position.
- Your arms are merely lever for your mid back and posterior shoulder. Don't 'yank' the weight up. Initiate and control the movement with the proper musculature.
- Using momentum negates the exercise because it takes tension off of the posterior shoulder and mid back.
- Use lighter weight to ensure technique proficiency and proper muscle activation.