Dumbbell Bench Press
Dumbbell Bench Press Instructions
- Rest the DB's on your thighs. Palms should be facing each other.
- Focus on pinching your shoulder blades (scapulas) together as you lie back on the bench.
- This creates a stable shoulder position to press from.
- Your low back is not excessively arched as you lie down.
- Use your thighs to “bump” the dumbbells up and press them ove your chest at shoulder-width apart.
- Your hands should be in a relatively neutral position.
- Lower the dumbbells in a controlled manner to slightly above your chest.
- Push dumbbells back up while contracting the chest and triceps.
- Do not lock out the elbows.
- Maintain the strong shoulder position you created at the beginning from start to finish.
- Feel your chest and triceps loading on the descent.
- Your hands can rotate subtly through the movement.
- Do not let your elbows excessively flare internally or externally.
- Keep your feet grounded throughout the exercise.