Decline Leg Raise
Decline Leg Raise Instructions
- Position yourself on decline bench. Your body is positioned in the opposite direction of the bench. Your head is at the traditional foot placement.
- You can attach a rope handle to foot padding to hold onto during the movement.
- Feet and legs are together with knees slightly bent.
- Bring your knees to your nose.
- Your pelvis should "curl" slightly as your knees raise.
- The purpose of the rectus abdominus muscles is to flex the spine or curl it
- Before the concentric portion, breathe out and suck your abs in as your execute the movement.
- Same applies for the descent: breath out the uncurl your body.
- Reverse the path on the descent, uncurling your torso from the top.
- Keep the strong core position on the descent, don't let your low back arch as your approach the starting position.
- Execution and technique of this exercise is pivitol to properly gaining the benefits from it.
- Don't SWING YOUR LEGS UP!
- Your arms are passive during this exercise. Focus on the contraction of your abs, not bring your elbows to your knees.