Decline Dumbbell Bench Press
Decline Dumbbell Bench Press Instructions
- Position your legs securely in the padding of the decline bench and lay back slowly with a dumbbell in each hand rest atop of your thighs.
- Focus on pinning your shoulder blades (scapulas) together as you lie down.
- This creates a stable shoulder position to press from.
- Your back should not be excessively arched.
- Press dumbbells up directly above your lower chest with a relatively neutral hand position.
- Lower the dumbbells with a neutral hand position until handles are level with your chest.
- Feel your chest and triceps loading on the descent.
- Pause quickly and then press the dumbbells upward without locking the elbows out.
- Your hands can rotate subtly through the movement.
- Do not let your elbows excessively flare internally or externally.