|Secondary Muscle(s)||Chest, Shoulders, Triceps|
Barbell Pullover Instructions
- Lay on a flat bench and grip the barbell as you would for a close grip bench press.
- Lower the barbell to where your elbows are roughly 90 degrees
- While keeping your arms in that fixed position, move the weight behind your head in a semicircular motion until the bar is behind your head, parallel with the floor. You should feel a strong stretch in the lat.
- Return the weight to the beginning position by contracting the lats and performing the opposite motion by pulling your elbows through, once again making a 180-degree movement.
- The arms do not initiate the movement. They are levers for your lats.