Elevated Glute Bridge
Elevated Glute Bridge Instructions
- Sit on the ground with a flat bench behind you.
- Feet positioned roughly shoulder-width.
- Lean your upper back against the flat bench.
- Arms are across your chest. Eyes looking skyward.
- Initiate the exercise by extending your hips (raising your glutes) up.
- Drive your heels through the floor.
- Actively contract your glutes.
- Don't overextend/arch your low back. Focus on the contraction of the glutes versus how high you raise your hips.
- The top position should be your knees, hips and shoulders parallel to the floor.
- Hold for a one-second count.
- Lower slowly to the starting position.
- Changing your foot placement will alter the stimulus in your glutes.
- Perform single-leg variations to increase difficulty.