Banded Side Step
Banded Side Step Instructions
- Step through a short, circular resistance band and bring the band up to just below the knees.
- There should be adequate tension in the band.
- Assume a strong, athletic stance: core is braced, shoulders pinned back, and slight flex in your knees. Your eyes are fixated straight ahead.
- Knees are forcing the bands out laterally. They should not be tracking inward.
- Maintaining your posture and keeping your knees flexed, step one leg out laterally (abduct your leg).
- Don't 'reach' with your foot. You want to keep your knee and ankle stacked on top of each other.
- Follow with the opposite leg. Keep the bands taunt, you want constant tension on the bands.
- Don't bring your feet together after the completion of a full step.
- Perform the exercise going to the right and left for a complete set.
- Keep your knees and ankles stacked on top of each other. This properly develops the stabilizing musculature of the knees and hips.
- Technique is paramount for this movement. Keep constant tension on the bands.
- Maintain the strong, athletic posture throughout the set.