Zottman Curl Instructions
- Feet positioned in an athletic stance slightly outside shoulder-width.
- Your knees are slightly bent and toes pointed straight ahead.
- The core is braced and engaged. Shoulders are pinned back with your chest up. DB's are held in a neutral hand position at your sides.
- Begin to curl the weights up while rotating the palms so they are facing you at the top of the lift.
- Don't shrug your shoulders.
- The biceps and forearms are controlling the movement.
- After a brief squeeze, rotate your wrists to where your palms will be facing out.
- Lower the weight slowly to the starting position.
- Your palms should finish facing your body.
- The eccentric portion is just as important as the concentric for this movement so don't drop the weight at the top to the starting position.
- Refrain from “swinging” the weight or leaning backwards.
- The muscle used first will be used the most. Initiate the movement with your bicep and forearm, not your lower half or shoulder.