Standing Rope Crunch
Standing Rope Crunch Instructions
- Set the cable attachment at the highest rung with a rope attached.
- Step back 1-2 feet away from the cable machine.
- Hinge at the hips with your hands gripping the rope overhead.
- Arms are roughly together.
- Make sure you are not in an extended position.
- Before the concentric portion, breathe out and suck your abs in as you execute the movement.
- You want to be able to properly contract your rectus abdominus. This cannot be done if you are rigidly braced, such as for a squat or deadlift.
- The same applies for the eccentric portion of the exercise.
- Initiate and control the movement by contracting your abs through bringing your sternum and pelvis together.
- Do not shoot your hips back and hinge the weight down.
- Reverse the path on the descent, uncurling your torso from the bottom.
- Don't let your low back arch as you come up from the bottom position.
- Your arms are passive during this exercise. Focus on the contraction of your abs, not bring your elbows to your knees.
- Your hips are not active during the exercise.