Standing Dumbbell Shoulder Press
Standing Dumbbell Shoulder Press Instructions
Stand in a strong, athletic posture:
- Chest up with your shoulders back.
- Knees slightly flexed.
- Core braced with a neutral spine.
- Lift the dumbbells to shoulder height.
- Your triceps are parallel to the floor at the start of the movement. Your forearms and wrists remain vertical from start-to-finish.
- They should never be lower than this at any point during the exercise.
- Your wrists never "roll" back.
- With your palm facing forward, press the dumbbells overhead until the arms are extended.
- Visualize bringing your armpit forward as you complete the movement.
- Your delts and triceps are handling the load while your core is braced.
- Your arms will finish fully extended overhead.
Lower the dumbbells back to the starting level..
- Don't lose your strong posture as you fatigue.
- Your low back should not be arched when you press.