Standing Concentration Curls
Standing Concentration Curls Instructions
- Select a lighter dumbbell weight with one hand. To get into starting position, lean forward with your arm hanging perpendicular to the ground while the unoccupied arm is at your side.
- Maintaining a fixed upper arm, curl the weight upward. Really emphasize using your bicep not added movement or other musculature.
- Bring the dumbbell to the top and pause briefly then lower to the bottom slowly.
- Repeat for desired reps. Switch to opposite arm and repeat exercise.
- Heavy weight is not necessary for an isolation movement like this
- If necessary, you can balance yourself by holding onto something with the non-working arm.
- The muscle used first will be used the most. Momentum will negate the movement.