Seated Hammer Curls
Seated Hammer Curls Instructions
- Set the bench angle at 90-degrees.
- Be seated in a strong, athletic posture: chest up, core braced, and shoulders pinned back.
- Pick up the weights and let them hang at our sides with palms facing in.
- Maintain the neutral hand position, curl the dumbbells up to roughly above chest level. Your forearms are strongly activated in this curl variation.
- Thumbs are always pointed to you during the movement.
- Squeeze your bicep at the top and lower the dumbbells down to the starting position.
- The eccentric portion is just as important as the concentric with arm development.
- Refrain from “swinging” the weight or arching your back excessively.
- Don't let your elbow come too far forward.
- The muscle used first will be used the most. Initiate the movement with your bicep and forearm, not your lower half or shoulder.