Seated Barbell Shoulder Press
Seated Barbell Shoulder Press Instructions
- Set a bar up in a squat rack that is slightly above your head. Sit against a bench in the squat rack. With palms forward, grip the barbell just outside of shoulder width apart.
- Lift the bar with arms locked and bring it to nearly shoulder level just in front of your head.
- Take a deep breath and lower the bar down to shoulder height at a slow pace.
- Press the bar back up to the starting stance while breathing out.
Seated Barbell Shoulder Press Tips
- If you are a beginner, have a spotter stand behind you and/or start with a lighter weight.
- Inhale as you lower and exhale as you lift the weight up
- Use slow, controlled movements for every rep.