Russian Twist Instructions
- Be seated on the floor with your legs extended in front of you.
- Hold a medicine ball by your abs.
- Bend your knees slightly and elevate your legs so your feet are off the ground.
- Your torso is leaning back slightly. Still maintain the strong position of your shoulders back, neutral spine, and your neck in a neutral position.
- Your low back is not arched.
- With your abs and obliques controlling the movement, rotate the medicine ball from side-to-side, touching the floor with each rep.
- This is a controlled movement. Resist the urge to speed through it.
- Create the mind-muscle connection that your legs are passive throughout the movement.
- Don't let your low back arch during the execution.
- Don't drop the medicine ball after each twist.